- To operate one or more drug treatment centers for the detoxification and rehabilitation of male and female addicts in Region M-5 in the State of Alabama, as defined by the Alabama Community Mental Health Facilities Plan or any successor plan.
- To enter into a contract or contracts with the Jefferson-Blount-St. Clair Mental Health Authority, a non-profit Alabama corporation, subject to the terms and conditions it may stipulate, for the operation of one or more drug treatment centers in said Region.
- To receive funds from said Jefferson-Blount-St. Clair Mental Health Authority, from any of the counties or municipalities within said Region or from any other public or private source, for the operation of said center or centers.
- To increase understanding of chemical dependency, its nature and treatment, for the purpose of alleviating the damage caused by and reducing the incidence of chemical dependency in said Region, and to join with other areas of Alabama and the nation in a concerted effort to accomplish this purpose.
- To become the substance abuser’s advocate in the area, and to encourage local communities and counties in said Region to develop the necessary services for the chemically dependent person and his family.
- To cooperate with information and referral centers in said Region in rendering service to the chemically dependent population.
- To cooperate with other community resources in the development of appropriate drug educational and information programs.
- To exercise any and all powers, consistent with the foregoing purpose and the limitations of any contract into which it may enter, which a non-profit corporation is authorized to exercise under the provisions of the Alabama Non-profit Corporation Act (Act 578) as it may be amended.
- To provide services and facilities for chemically dependent persons regardless of their economic status and without discrimination based on race, creed, or color.
- To perform any other functions related to the foregoing objects of the corporation.
*Taken from the Articles of Incorporation of the Alcoholism Recover Services, Inc.